Sunday, May 18, 2008

Why does he have to be so sweet?!?!?

I love my son dearly!!!!! But I have to say that nothing unnerves me more than his cry. His volume level is nowhere near what Jeff and I think is tolerable. I feel like I say, "Gabe, use your inside voice please" at least 100 times a day. So, when he screams, it is not pleasant :) All this to say, we had to leave Jen's church because Gabe hurt his foot in the jump house. Just a little scrape. But to a 3 year old, a pretty big deal! And on top of that, we had been outside in close to 100 degree heat for a couple of hours. So, mom wasn't in one of the best moods. I am sure moms out there can relate. But as I was driving home hot, tired and listening to my son's shrieks, I had a pity party moment. Jeff had spent the morning fishing with his dad, which was way overdue. They had wanted to go fishing for quite awhile. But I started getting mad thinking about him having a peaceful, quiet morning with adult conversation. I called him on the phone and he let me know that his dad's boat wouldn't start when they got to the lake. And they ended up coming back. He could tell I was really grumpy on the phone. So, we got off pretty fast. As I pulled up to the house, this is what I saw... And I felt like I wanted to crawl under a rock! Jeff and his dad had went to a local nursery so Jeff could pick up two spiral junipers I had been wanting for quite awhile. He had planted them and was just finishing up when I drove up. Jeff is constantly doing things like this. He is always so thoughtful and loving to me. We ended up finishing the flowerbeds in the front and we started on the back porch. Jeff and I love landscaping. So, it will be fun to finish the backyard soon!
















1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have lots of those humbling moments!!! The plants look incredible! You did good Jeff! I can't wait to see the backyard landscape either!