Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day at Nana and Papa's

I have had quite the Mother's Day this year! Lots of celebrating! We went to church on Mother's Day. The pastor had a wonderful sermon. He talked about how the family is where children learn about God and his truths. And how your home should be where they learn these things. You shouldn't rely on Sunday School and other people to do this. God has really been speaking to my heart on this subject lately. And it was so encouraging to hear. Being a mother is such an incredible honor. And more than anything, I want to teach my children God's truths so Gabe and Emma can grow to have a relationship with Him one day. When we picked up the kids from Sunday school, they had both made me something! Emma had made me a sweet card. And Gabe had this cute card shaped like a teacup with a poem on the front. Inside was a bag of tea. He was so incredible proud to give me this! He is just now getting to the age where he enjoys crafts. And he loves being able to have something for mommy like his sister!

Emma's card


Gabe's card




After church, we headed over to Nana and Papa's house for lunch. We always have such a great time with them! Uncle Danny, Aunt Brandy, Uncle Stephen, Aunt Amy, Jackson, Luke, Drew and Peter were all there! The kids are always so excited to see each other!

Cousin Peter


Uncle Danny, Aunt Brandy and Rosco


I LOVE this picture of Drew, Gabe and Luke!


Cousins!


Nana's Beautiful flower beds!


Our mother's day present to Nana


Nana had the kids help plant flowers with her.


Emma is quite the gardener...


Nana and her helpers!


My sweet boy!


Emma has been deathly afraid of dogs lately. We have no idea why. She was very concerned about Rosco. I reminded her that Rosco used to let her ride on his back when she was little. And now they are best of friends again ;)


I love seeing Emma and Nana's relationship. She loves her Nana so much. Emma is cuddling with Nana while she crochets. Thank you Nana and Papa for a wonderful day! Happy Mother's Day Nana!!!





2 comments:

Charlotte Mathis said...

Loved the pictures. I am a Nana too - with 13 grandchildren. We are all pictured on my devotional blog. Would have loved the trip with Chuck Missler!
Charlotte

Unknown said...

I loved seeing those pictures. It was so much fun to have the kids help me plant flowers. It was a wonderful Mother's Day with everyone coming over. The little ones are such a blessing to Papa and me.