Tuesday, July 1, 2008

My little wiggle worm

One of the things I love most about Emma is how she is how she is so open with her emotions! If she loves something, she loves it with all of her heart! If she is upset about something.... My goodness! The whole world will know! When she turned 4, we started noticing her shaking her hands and wiggling when she was excited. At first, I was concerned and talked to her doctor about it. She assured me it was completely normal. She told us Emma is aware enough to know not to scream and shout because she is so excited. So, this is her reaction trying to hold it in. I was trying to talk to the doctor very discreetly so Emma wouldn't feel funny. But later that day, Emma said, "Mommy, this is sign language for I am happy." She started to wiggle her hands. I smiled and asked her where she heard that. And she told me Dr. Sherry had said that earlier at the doctor's office. She had been listening to everything we had said. But I thought the her explanation was so precious. She is such a special, little girl! My sister thinks her wiggling is the cutest thing ever. She told me I need to get her in cheerleading and stick a pom pom in each hand when she starts wiggling :) Emma has asked to try cheerleading this fall. So, it should be pretty cute!

No comments: