Tuesday, July 15, 2008

It makes it all worth it...

I am mainly using this blog as a way to record memories of my family. But today I was so blessed, I wanted to share it... We had a very busy morning today. I told the kids after we finished our work, we would swim at Grandmother and Grandad's house for one hour. I knew one hour was not near long enough for them. But I still had a lot more to do later this afternoon. Emma was really tired when I told them it was time to get out of the pool. She proceeded to throw one of the biggest temper tantrums I have seen in quite awhile. I got them out and dressed. All the while, she was letting me know how angry she was. As we were heading out of the door, Gabe started to cry. I looked at Emma and asked what happened. She was standing there with a guilty look on her face. She told me she wanted by, so she pushed him out of the way. I bent down and started to talk to her about how we are supposed to treat our bother. And how what she did to Gabe was wrong. She started crying about how everyone is being so mean to her. I then told her that God gave Emma to mommy and daddy. And it is our responsibility to teach her what God says is right and wrong. And that our words and actions are supposed to point others to Jesus. I told her that I do it because I love her, not because I am being mean. She was pretty quiet. I kind of thought, in one ear, out the other. We loaded in the car and drove for a few minutes. I then heard a little voice say, "Mommy?" I look in my rear view mirrow and see Emma holding up her hand with the sign language for "I love you". I managed to hold back the tears. But I was so blessed. She knows mommy loves her. And I pray she sees her Savior through her mommy and daddy's love and devotion to her. I have such an incredible and important job being able to stay home with these two kiddos. Jeff is so awesome for allowing me to do this. To be able to ultimately point them to their Heavenly Father through conversations and time spent with them. I know I am rambling. But I was so blessed to see my little girl's tender, sweet heart today. I love them both so much!

No comments: