Saturday, June 7, 2008

Our Anniversary Weekend

Jeff had planned a fun weekend to celebrate our ten year anniversary! I was so excited! We had originally planned to go on a trip for this anniversary. But my parents suprised us with two great vacations earlier this year. So we decided to stay in town :) A weekend of relaxing, shopping and fun restaurants sounded great to us! Jeff surprised me with two dozen roses delivered to our house. Aren't they beautiful!!!


We have stayed at the Omni Mandalay Hotel in Las Colinas a couple of times before. And we have always had a wonderful time! It is a gorgeous hotel! So, I was excited to find out we had two nights reserved here! When we arrived at the hotel to check in, the young girl behind the desk looked at our reservations and started acting very nervous and awkard. We got our keys and headed for the elevator wondering what had just happened. When Jeff looked at our room assignments, he punched in floor 28 (the very top). I laughed and asked Jeff if he reserved the penthouse for us. He said, "That's how I roll, Tiff! Only the best!" So, we get to the floor and start looking for our room number, 2815. We walk around a couple of times and can't find it anywhere???? I started to guess that Jeff had something up his sleeve. But I didn't say anything. Anyways, Jeff looks at our room info and notices the type of category says "PRES". He says, "No way..." He walks to the room labeled "Presidential Suite" and tries the key.... And it opens!!!! The first thing I thought was that he had planned this whole thing. And honestly, I was a little upset! Jeff is so conservative with our money and this was so out of character for him. I said, "Jeff!!! Why did you do this?" And he answered, "Tiff, I didn't do anything? This isn't what I requested!" This went on for a couple of rounds. And it didn't make it anymore believable because he was laughing. He laughs when he gets nervous ;) He finally said, "Tiff, look at the invoice! I paid $99 dollars a night!" I looked and he was right. We then found the letter from the hotel. They had given us a complimentary upgrade to their 2,900 square foot presidential suite! We were so excited!!! The room was unbelievable! We later found out that it costs about $3,500 a night! What a nice anniversary present!!! We are Omni fans for life!





















This was my anniversary present! I love them!!!

We went to a great dinner at Three Forks, our new favorite steak house! And we saw a movie later that night.


And this was waiting for us when we got back to the hotel. So nice...


Jeff and I got each other the same card ;) We both loved what it said.


Jeff and I after breakfast. We headed out to Southlake to do a little shopping...

Of course, we had to stop at the Mac store! He wishes this was his anniversary present ;)


We watched the sunset from our balcony.

It was a wonderful weekend! Jeff said he will never be able to top this anniversary ;)

2 comments:

Abby said...

I blog-stalked over from Holly's (completly innocent, I promise!). I think I am now a Omni fan for life, too! What a treat and a fun story to tell. Happy Anniversary!

Connie said...

tiffany,

Our internet is down - this is Levi - Connie's husband replying from my work - she would love to swim. Please call her at 817 602 9502.

thanks,

Levi