Thursday, June 19, 2008

My Dad - The CAPA Graduate

My dad retired a couple of years ago from Alpha Oil Tools, a family business he started along with his dad and brother in 1981. He and my mom have been loving retirement so far! But my dad has been praying about what type of ministry he should serve in. God recently opened the door to a program through the Fort Worth police department called CAPA (Clery And Police Alliance). The FWPD partners with local ministers. These ministers are called to comfort and minister to civilians at crime scenes and within the local jails. They also minister to the 1,400 FW police officers. I was so impressed to hear the FW police chief talk about what an influence this program has made in the community and the police force. My dad just completed a 12 week civilian police department program. We went to see his graduation this morning and I am so excited for my dad! God has gifted him in so many ways. I know God is going to use him in this ministry to reach so many people and show them God's love in situations where they are going to be open to hearing about a Savior who loves them as they are and wants a relationship with them. My dad was so impressed with this program. He said they were not told about any type of restrictions about sharing the gospel with the people they come in contact with. Congratulations, dad! We are excited to see what God has in store for you! You can read my dad's blog about CAPA here...

It was a rainy day as we were heading to Grandad's graduation!




My dad's graduating class. These are all local ministers in Fort Worth

My mom and dad



It was only 10:30 am, so the kids were excited to eat cake after the graduation!

We headed to Uncle Julio's afterwards to celebrate! The kids love watching the tortillas being made!

You will have to read one of the following posts to understand this picture ;)


Love this picture!







No comments: