Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Gabe goes to school!

Our little boy started his speech preschool program today! He will be going to a preschool two days a week for two hours each time. All of the children in his class have articulation issues. And from what I heard, this program is awesome! I met his teacher last week, Ms. Destiny. And she was such a sweetheart. I knew Gabe would love her once he got to know her. But Gabe was not excited about it. He LOVED his last teacher! He loved to tell everyone he was going to marry Ms. Becky :) Emma would just giggle and giggle when he said that! And he came up with that one all on his own! So, every time Jeff and I tried to talk to him about starting his new school, he would say, "I am not going to like my new teacher. I want Ms. Becky!" We would try to explain to him that his new teacher is so nice and he is going to have a wonderful time! But he didn't want to hear it!

Jeff got him a football balloon and a little frog stuffed animal to wake up to this morning. He loved them both. We thought that might make him a little excited about going to school. But, he was very apprehensive.


I loaded him in the car this morning to take him to school. I could tell he was pretty nervous. We walked into his classroom and saw Ms. Destiny and four other little boys busy doing puzzles. Ms. Destiny was very excited to see him. But Gabe was clinging to my leg. He kept saying, "One more hug, mommy. One more hug!" He is very smart. He knows I can't resist that. But when I bend down to give him a hug, he doesn't let go of my neck :) His teacher asked if he wanted to put his backpack in his very own locker! And that did it for Gabe! He let go of my neck and made his way over to the lockers. I called out that I loved him and would be back soon and headed out of the door pretty quickly.

When I went to pick him up, his teacher walks him to the door. He comes running out to me saying, "I love my new teacher! She's so nice! I am going to marry her!" Where does he come up with this stuff! I am telling you... He is going to be a little heartbreaker! He had a great time!

"How was your class, Gabe?"

"Mommy, I played with all of the boys. And two of them had Spiderman shirts on. They were so cool! And there are no girls in my class, mommy. Just boys!"

"You have a rough and tumble boy class, huh?"

"No, mommy. There is no wrestling in school!"

I was cracking up laughing! He is such a character. But he is counting down the days until he goes back to school and Ms. Destiny again :)

No comments: