Sunday, September 7, 2008

I made the cut!

I have always wanted to be a PTA room mom. It has always sounded like a lot of fun to me. So, when Emma started Kindergarten this past fall, I waited anxiously to let someone know I wanted the job ;) Well, I was pretty suprised to receive an official looking packet filled with PTA info come home the second day of school. They requested it be returned by the end of the week. As I reviewed the packet, I quickly realized I wasn't cut out to be a room mom at this school! I was very intimidated!!! This PTA is so organized and official and I didn't know if I could handle everything involved. So, I signed up to be the room mom assistant. I was excited to be involved with Emma's class. A few days later, I received an email telling me that several moms had signed up for the position. I was supposed to fill out some information about me and why I wanted to be a room mom assistant. So, I was interviewing for the position now! I kind of thought I wouldn't make the cut. But, I received an email today saying that I got the job ;) My goodness!!! This is why Jeff and I wanted our kids in this school. The parent involvement is supposed to be great. So, I am very excited!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You're the next Sarah Palin!!! Congrats I think that will be GREAT!