Friday, April 25, 2008

Israel Thoughts - Part 1

My parents recently sent Jeff, myself, Jen and Kasey to Israel. There is so much to share. I don't even know where to begin. But I wanted to jot down some things I have learned since I went... I think the biggest life change that happened from this trip is to realize that Israel really is a special place to God. And the Jews hold a special place in his heart. Of course, you read that in the Bible. But to be there, it really nails that point home. God has had a special plan for his chosen people since he has created this world. Gentiles have been grafted into this plan. And God loves us with an everlasting love. But his original plan started with the Jews and it will end with them. One day they will see who the true Messiah is that they are so earnestly seeking for. I am not Jewish. But I felt like I was going home when we were in Israel. I have never experienced anything like it before. I don't know if it is God's presence in the land? That is just a guess. But, it is an amazing place. And I am forever changed. My parents have given us such a special gift with this trip. And Jeff and I plan to do the same with Emma and Gabe someday. Thanks mom and dad. We love you!

1 comment:

Jeff said...

I agree 100%. Israel was amazing. I can't wait to go back! If you haven't seen our pictures from the trip yet, you can look through them at my Israel page.
www.jeffzumwalt.com/Israel2008
And apart from all of the historical and archeological aspects of the trip that I loved, the most resounding thing I took away from our trip was the fact that all of that land is God's Land, set aside for Israel. There is no doubt in my mind. And God is not done with Israel, or his people. There is no doubt that this is the time of the Gentiles, and the Church, but after that, the eyes of the Jews will be opened, and they will be reconciled with God. God is faithful. God is not a liar. SUPPORT ISRAEL!